Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Preparing to Forget


Went out to shovel the 2+ feet of snow and ice from the sides of my driveway this morning.  The snow hasn't melted and just continues to pile up and we are are about to get hit again with another 3 - 4" --we hope that's all!.  Patty, my friend who is staying here for awhile was out there shoveling with me.  At one point she went to shovel a different area.  "Patty!" I called out to her as she shoveled a foot of snow from around the garage door.  "Would you help me finish this part?"  I was at the bottom of the driveway working on the sides where the snow had piled up blocking the area where I usually drive when backing out.  I had already hit that pile the day before when backing down.  Fortunately it wasn't solid so it didn't do any damage to my bumper.  "Why do you need to clear more of that away?" She asked somewhat perplexed since there was plenty of room to get out of the driveway.  "Patty, I've hit every corner of my car getting out of my garage and driveway and each time it's cost me $500 bucks!  This pile is going to freeze solid like an iceberg and I know myself; I won't remember to steer towards the middle of the drive and I'll hit it.  So, I have to plan to forget. 


Patty busted out laughing which made me laugh too.  "Can you just see it now, I went on....Bob at Santa Fe Auto is gonna say, "So what did you hit this time?"  An iceberg!  I'll say.  I"m sure he'll get a kick out of that as he hands me a bill for another $500.

2 comments:

Aurora said...

Hm... we've had a strange series of car damages in my boyfriends family last week. He had a small accident crashing a car - not too bad, just our own car needs some little repairing. His mothers partner had a, also not too big one, accident - somebody else crashed his car. And finally my boyfriends' brother crashed a pillar at a garage when all of us were together. He had really bad luck and the damage is quite large, its crazy what a pillar can cause if you took it wild enough! So Jelaila let me tell you 500 usd is not too bad ;-) By the way i had that kind of crash series one year ago, within two days i crashed a roundabout traffic and also a pillar at a parking garage... luckily that was not too bad too. I see this kind of crashes like a symbol for how much you feel your body, if you are present or absent. What do you think?

Anonymous said...

We can look at the driveway as an aspect of the mind. If we process what is on the mind, therefore, if we tend to the snow and process the white light that it can represent, we are radiating its energy into the enviroment. Then with an empty mind, we can channel new information once again.

To forget about something is to repress it. To forgive something or to accept something is to lovingly look it into its face and receive the message it was created to deliver.

@ Aurora: Hitting something like concrete is like banging one's head against the wall. One's path is then like a dead end. One can then back up and find a path without resistance. Life can be easy, if that is the intention.