Monday, March 21, 2011

Waiting for the daffodils--my symbol of hope

Spring is one of my favorite seasons because it symbolizes hope--hope for the future, that the sun will shine and there will be a tomorrow.  Hope for me is symbolized by daffodils...my favorite flower. 

I recall them in my mother's garden as a child.  Each Spring they popped their pretty heads out of the ground, cheerfully turning their bright yellow faces to the sun.  Seeing them out my bedroom window in the morning and after a long day as school, lifted my heart and warmed my soul.  In a time when life seemed so lonely, they were there to remind me that life would and could get better. 

Each spring I eagerly await my little signs of hope, in some ways they seem to me to be a lifeline to happiness and a brighter tomorrow.

No comments: